Ed Wiersma of Allwest Powersports will be the head promoter of the Castrol Raceway dirt oval track in 2021. This Friday June 25th, Ed and his crew will finally get to host their first live event!
Step one for dirt oval race track fans would be to add the YEG Dirt Track Racing Facebook page to your bookmarks to keep up with their latest news.
The second step, and more important step, is realizing that the purchase of tickets this season is different than last year. This year tickets must be purchased through SHOWPASS!
Could this change come July 1st when Covid restrictions are lifted, possibly, it’s one of the reasons to follow the Facebook page previously linked in the article. For now, this weekend’s events must be purchased through SHOWPASS.
Know Before You Go!
- Friday June 25 doors open at 5:30 PM, event begins at 7 PM. The Saturday June 26 event is scheduled for a 6 PM start.
- All persons entering the facility will be required to maintain “Phase 2” Physical Distancing (6ft) throughout the facility. Follow all hand hygiene expectations and coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- If you are experiencing symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat that are not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, or are otherwise required to isolate or quarantine- STAY HOME!
- Please understand and adhere to all Castrol Raceway FACILITY POLICIES
- Failure to adhere to current AHS Guidelines will result in immediate expulsion from the facility.
- Event tickets must be purchased beforehand through SHOWPASS.
If you cannot make this weekend’s races, the next scheduled event weekend is Friday July 16 and Saturday July 17. The original schedule can be seen HERE.
Per the SHOWPASS description, “There are 4 classes that compete on the Oval on a regular basis; Sprint cars known for their wild and spectacular crashes “thunder” down the strait-away reaching speeds over 200kph, along with Late Models, Mini Stocks and Mini Sprints.”
It’s a wonderful feeling to be talking about live events again.